CHAPEAU MELON ET BOTTES DE CUIR - LE MONDE DES AVENGERS
Bonjour,
Soyez le(la) bienvenu(e) sur le forum français de référence concernant Chapeau Melon et Bottes de cuir !
ATTENTION : Afin de pouvoir rester avec nous et éviter d'être automatiquement désinscrit au bout d'un mois, il vous est demandé au minimum de vous présenter dans le fil adéquat : https://avengers.easyforumpro.com/t6101-votre-presentation-ici
Merci ! Et bon forum !!
CHAPEAU MELON ET BOTTES DE CUIR - LE MONDE DES AVENGERS
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Harry "Aitch" Fielder

+5
Marc
Carl Schmidt
Evelyne
Joris
harryfielder
9 participants

Page 3 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant

Harry "Aitch" Fielder - Page 3 Empty Re: Harry "Aitch" Fielder

Message  Evelyne Sam 17 Mai 2008 - 23:09

As long as you show those famous pic, why not ? hein

Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  harryfielder Dim 18 Mai 2008 - 7:57

A couple of weeks ago I bumped into my old boss (Darth Vader) and had a pot of tea at Elstree studios.

Harry "Aitch" Fielder - Page 3 Daveandharry

Aitch,
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Evelyne Lun 19 Mai 2008 - 20:17

A pot of tea, Aitch ? Getting old ? I'm kidding ! Send our regards to Darth Vader; like you, he played a fantastic role in a marvellous movie ! hein
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  Evelyne Lun 19 Mai 2008 - 20:17

Forgot to write you both look wonderful ! sunny
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  harryfielder Mer 21 Mai 2008 - 8:01

Harry Fielder Interview

Cassandra Bell
July 28, 2005

I recently interviewed Harry Fielder.

Bell: How did you get your start in the movie industry?

Fielder: It all started for me in 1958 when I bought a second hand guitar and played my first gig in a local pub. Me and a friend learned six songs and went out to play Rock 'n Roll. We soon updated to electric guitars and played some good music for the next eight years. One night after the gig a guy ask me if I wanted to do a couple of days on a tv series as an extra. That two days turned into 32 years. (see web site)

Bell: What were some of the movies in which you starred?

Fielder: I never got to star in any movies because I was a bit player and that suited me fine. Every movie or TV show has bit players that come in and out of scenes (I'm the man that knocks on the lead actor's door and says "I've come to fix the roof") but that way I could work on a new show everyday.

Bell: Who are some of the actors/actresses that you have become acquainted with, over the years? Any stories about that to share with us?

Fielder: I have met many top actors and you are friends for a day or two whilst working with them. When I look back and think of the actors I've worked with it's like a who's who of the best of acting talent. If I start to name names I could fill this page up. But if folks read my full story they will find people like James Cagney, Robert Mitchum, Tony Curtis, Rod Stieger..John Wayne.. and all in the confines of the UK.

Bell: What were some of the most challenging roles for you in the movies and why?

Fielder: Never really had a challenging role. Just got on with the job in hand..Go on set, say the words and don't fall over the furniture. I did fall a couple of times but two in 800 is ok.

Bell: What were some of your favorite movie roles to play and why?

Fielder: In 1982 an agent sent me down to a tv studio to do one day's work as a security guard extra. One day's work that turned into three years as a co-presenter on a live kids show. The kids called me ''Dopey Harry'' but I wasn't that dopey. I stayed for three years.

Bell: What were some of your most memorable moments? Any bloopers or behind the scenes stories to share with us?

Fielder: Working with Alfred Hitchcock on the film "Frenzy" was the most memorable moment. He was my all time hero and those memories are still with me.

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON…Director John Landis…

Central Casting must have sent 200-300 people down to Piccadilly for a night shoot on this production. None of us knew anything about the scenes we were going to be involved in so we just hung around coffee bars (Or other bars) chatting and having a night out in The West End.

About 1 o'clock in the morning the production team gathered us all together and told us the scenes they were about to do. (You ain’t gonna believe this). A WEREWOLF is going to be running out of a cinema in Piccadilly Circus straight across Eros causing cars to crash and have people falling out of bus windows. (I’m thinking this will do the tourist trade the world of good) On a cue from the 1st A.D. the real police clear the roads of all late night Joe Public.

The Central Casting crowd are all given places to stand and out of the woodwork comes our buses and cars and stunt people. We’ve got permission to hold up traffic for half an hour and John Landis had multi camera crews covering every angle. It was over as quickly as it began and as soon as the camera’s stopped rolling the wrecking crews were in there clearing the wrecked cars and sweeping the streets clean again. An hour later it was like we’d never been. (See the film just to see this sequence) Well done, John Landis…

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK-Director Steven Spielberg…Elstree Studios…

Cast: Harrison Ford, Karen Allen

A great joy to watch Mr Spielberg at work.. The whole sequence was set out on storyboards. A master of his craft…

There’s about twenty of the chaps. And it’s near the end of the film where the bad guys find The Ark and all us bad guys are going to get our just desserts. When The Ark is opened strange things start to happen and strong winds and sand are blown all over the set. Steven tells us to react to strange ghost like creatures coming out of the Ark. He’d point at us and shout above the noise of the wind, ‘’It’s coming for you now react, now it’s got you round the face, react to it.’’ George Lucas was standing next to Steven at times and seemed to be enjoying the action.

Harrison and Karen were tied to a stake at the time so I couldn’t get any help from that quarter…

Of course all the special effects are put onto screen months later as is most films these days…

I read Steven Spielberg’s life story and he didn’t always have it easy. And the last word on this tale must go to Harrison Ford’s stand/in… Jack (Chalky) Dearlove, who is still working for him.

BATMAN- Director Tim Burton…

Cast: Jack Nicholson, Tim Burton, Kim Basinger

A couple of nights on this as a Supporting Artist and, although it was cold, what makes me remember this film is Jack Nicholson leaning over a high balcony and saying to some of the boys "Just look at it this way guys, another day another $100,000s (I think we were on £50 a night).

FIRST KNIGHT- Director Jerry Zucker…Pinewood Studios…

Cast: Sean Connery, Richard Gere, Julia Ormond, Ben Cross.

I make my way to a place called Ivinghoe Beacon which sits on top of a big hill..(It looks more like a small mountain than a hill to us ex city old boys)They’ve built a village on the top of the hill and me and another fifty Supporting Artists are to be simple villagers.

It seems the bad guy (Ben Cross) is going to send his men in to pillage our village. The scenes go like this..All the villagers are scared when they see twenty men dressed in black (Bad guys) riding down the hill towards them. All of a sudden the horses stop at the entrance to the village and one of the cast members shouts to us, ‘’Why have they stopped?’’My old mate (now deceased) Bill (hat and coat) shouts back ‘’’cause they haven’t had their Weetabix’’

This didn’t go down too well with the director but he carried on. As the horses come charging in we all have to flee in all directions and try to hide. The 1st A.D. Chris wants to give me a bit of business to do. ‘’Aitch, as the horses come charging past I want you to run across the path and take refuge in that barn. There should be six horses coming past you and you run across after the last one’’.

Six horses and run.. I take my glasses off (I can’t see a thing without them) and I start to count the horses as they fly by.‘’Four, five, six and run… BANG I’m up in the air, someone sent seven horses past. Myself and the horse didn’t get hurt; it was just another day at the office..

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE- Director: Brian De Palma.

Cast: Tom Cruise, Jon Voight

A night shoot at Liverpool Street Train Station in London.

They want to use my car (Orion) in the first shot and have a London bus give it a near miss.. After about six takes and the bus getting nearer with every take the director gets his shot. (I’m a bit pleased with that) They had rain machines on us all night which made the driving more difficult..

Tom Cruise was very good to the onlooking crowd and every so often would go over to them and sign autographs for them. Mind you there was half a dozen big guys (Ben, The Spiv,) doing their best public liaison work.. I was speaking to Robin the caterer when Jon Voight came over and joined us. He shook hands with me and asked me how I was doing.

I said I had worked with him before on The Revolutionary many years before. He remembered the film and I didn’t remind him of the good drink we had at the end of that day.. It’s not in his memory but it will certainly stay in mine.

ENTRAPMENT-Director: Jon Amiel

Cast: Sean Connery, Catherine Zeta Jones

Filming at The Borough Market South London for a week. (A very hot week) Dressed up in winter clothes as a stall holder on the hottest days of the year..Fake snow all around us and me wearing gloves, a body warmer and scarf. This is the last film I worked on.

I would like to thank Harry Fielder for allowing me to interview him.

Aitch,
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Invité Mer 21 Mai 2008 - 8:39

Evelyne a écrit:A pot of tea, Aitch ? Getting old ? I'm kidding ! Send our regards to Darth Vader; like you, he played a fantastic role in a marvellous movie ! hein
Darth Vader was played by two actors, one wearing the suit (David Prowse) and the other making the voice (James Earl Jones), plus a couple or more of stuntmen. Very Happy
Anonymous
Invité
Invité

Message  Evelyne Ven 23 Mai 2008 - 17:50

Thanks but I knew that ! king
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  harryfielder Sam 24 Mai 2008 - 13:18

harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Evelyne Mar 27 Mai 2008 - 20:26

Tell me Aitch, did you work with Sidney Pollack ? I heard he died yesterday and I liked him a lot as a film director and even as an actor ( Tootsie ). So, if you ever had the chance to work for him, let me know.
lol!
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  harryfielder Mar 27 Mai 2008 - 21:19

Hello Evelyne, No I never got to work with him but I liked a lot of his work.
I only ever worked in the UK and I think all of his work was in the States.

Aitch,
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Evelyne Mar 27 Mai 2008 - 21:50

Thanks a lot, Aitch !
Have a good evening ! bom
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  Marc Mer 28 Mai 2008 - 3:32

He played in England for Stanley Kubrick, at Pinewood in Eyes Wide Shut.
Marc
Marc
Marquis(e)
Marquis(e)

Message  Invité Mer 28 Mai 2008 - 8:12

Correct..You are not the Weakest Link, Marc ....

And now, can you tell me the name of the third extra first appearing on the left of the set in the final sequence of the original ending of StarWars ...

Very Happy
Anonymous
Invité
Invité

Message  harryfielder Mer 28 Mai 2008 - 22:00

They say that smoking can harm you and I think this nutter behind me is going to ask for a light... ooopps

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/harryfielder/HarryFielder_TwinsofEvil-1.jpg

Aitch
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Evelyne Mer 28 Mai 2008 - 22:11

Nice pic', Aitch !
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  Invité Mer 28 Mai 2008 - 22:15

Is that from Twins of evil , by any chance ????
Anonymous
Invité
Invité

Message  harryfielder Mer 28 Mai 2008 - 22:25

Director…John Hough…Pinewood…
Cast Inc…Madeleine and Mary Collinson…
Lenny Piper and I had a real laugh on this film. As horror movies go it was nice to see the twin girls putting a bit of spice (Sex) into it. I always say if you’re going to get smothered to death on a film it does no harm to get smothered by this pair.
(Or is that a double pair. Catch the film on video and see what you think)

Aitch,
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Invité Mer 28 Mai 2008 - 22:34

Totally agree with that subtle analysis...
Aaaah..the Collinson Twins..Great memories ...Too bad they didn't appear in any other film indeed ( if memory serves me well, they ended - sort of - their Show biz career as official Plaboy Playmates...)
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So you did meet Saint Peter himself too ???
Anonymous
Invité
Invité

Message  harryfielder Jeu 29 Mai 2008 - 8:07

I got to work with the great man many times,, A true Gentle Man of the biz....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/harryfielder/aitch%201/24June2003.jpg

Aitch,
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Invité Jeu 29 Mai 2008 - 8:57

Lucky you...He's one of my all time favorite actor ( and one I never managed to interview, halas...)

Let's go back to dear old Hammer , besides ' Twins ' , do you appear in any other Productions ???
Anonymous
Invité
Invité

Message  harryfielder Ven 30 Mai 2008 - 21:11

The first horror I worked on was this....

QUATERMASS AND THE PIT…Director…Roy Ward Baker…MGM Studios
My first horror film.. I was to work with this director many more times.
Cast Inc…James Donald…Barbara Shelley…
Harry "Aitch" Fielder - Page 3 Quatermasspit-1967
All we had to do was walk around the tube station as if we were Zombies..
My wife said ''No change there then''

1967...More on my web site

www.harryfielder.co.uk
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Invité Ven 30 Mai 2008 - 21:29

Congrats again: one of the best - if not THE best of the Hammer ' Quatermass' movies...
For my money, Andrew Keir is the perfect Prof Quatermass...
Anonymous
Invité
Invité

Message  Evelyne Sam 31 Mai 2008 - 20:17

Cool Laughing Hello, Aitch ! My husband is a real fan of Michael Caine. Did you play with him ? Is he a real gent ? He seems to be but you never know...
Did you meet :
Sir Derek Jacobi
Emma Thompson
Kenneth Brannagh ?
These last three are actors I do love.
Lots of questions, dear Aitch, hope I'm not bothering you...
Good evening ! hein
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  harryfielder Dim 1 Juin 2008 - 9:01

Hi Evelyne

Two people I don't remember working with are Emma and Kenneth.
Michael was a real star and I got to work with him a few times.

Sir Derek I worked with on I Claudius (He's best work)
(You can read all my stories on my web..)
www.harryfielder.co.uk
I CLAUDIUS…BBC TV…Director Herbert Wise… 1977
Cast Inc…Derek Jacobi (BAFTA Award) John Hurt…Brian Blessed…
This was British Actors at their best…
I worked on quite a few of the thirteen episodes and just used to watch in amazement at the way the actors could remember the very long speeches and the many moves they had to make during a scene.
Derek and John stole the show as far as I was concerned.
It was an education in acting to watch these people work.
I was lucky enough to be on the last day of shooting and when Derek finished.
The whole cast and crew stood up and gave him a standing ovation.
(I can still hear the applause to this day)
On one episode I was playing a guard and at the end of it I had to chop off Messalina’s (Sheila White) head…
After I had done the dirty deed Sheila cried her eye’s out and come to me and sobbed on my shoulder. (Perhaps I’m not all bad?)
Herbert Wise held the show together for many months and is still directing today.
Well done Herbie…

Aitch,
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Evelyne Dim 1 Juin 2008 - 20:08

Wonderful, as usual, Aitch ! I am a Derk Jacobi fan, I now know why !
Nothing more to say about Michael Caine ?
Thanks a lot anyway. lol!
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  harryfielder Sam 7 Juin 2008 - 8:11

Morning all. another blast from the past.... ooopps
RAGTIME…Director Milos Forman…
Cast Inc… JAMES CAGNEY…Pat O’Brien…Donald O’Connor…
This cast is a blast from the past…
We film for a few days at Oxford and for me it doesn’t get any better than this.
The scenes are interior of a big office and I’m dressed as a US cop.
Pat O’Brien came onto the set first and shook hands with many of the Supporting Artists (Including me) ‘’How are you son, you look good’’ he said..
Well that’s the best way for me to start the day because now I felt good that this man had taken time to welcome all of us.
Pat moved around the room chatting to cast and crew alike and we were all waiting for the main man to arrive on set..
The noise was quite deafening until someone said ‘’He’s here’’.
You could have heard a pin drop as the main man entered the set.
Everyone stood and applauded and waited for James Cagney to take his position on the set before silence resumed.
There they were in front of me my two heroes of the black and white days of cinema.
I think I’ve seen every film that James has made (Some of them many times)
I feel sorry for the kids of today that never got to see he’s early films and think a good film today has to be bombarded with special effects to make it work.
Let me list some of films of James Cagney to let the kids of today and tomorrow know what they have missed.
The Public Enemy (1931), Scarface (1932), Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942), White Heat (1949). Then in the 50s Love Me Or Leave Me (With Doris Day), Mr Roberts. (With a young Jack Lemmon).
I could watch all these films again and never tire.
This was to be James Cagney’s last film and I would like to say, thank you Mr Cagney for entertaining me for so many years.

Aitch,
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Evelyne Lun 16 Juin 2008 - 21:34

Hello, Aitch! Just a few words to say hello ! Hope life's fine in England ! Best regards ! hein
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  harryfielder Mar 17 Juin 2008 - 8:12

I'm fine and still waiting for the English summer to start. Rolling Eyes
THE LAST VALLEY…Director…James Clavell…
Cast Inc…Michael Caine…
A couple of hundred extras and stuntmen spent a week of nights filming at a Castle in Surrey.. We were going to storm it.
Stuntmen in the front lines with extras bringing up the rear.. Plenty of swordFighting, raping and pillaging. (I’m not too bad at the pillaging)
Now when I say it was cold I mean cold. You could have left sides of beef outside The fridge.
We’re all geared up and we hear that famous shout…
"ACTION"
We all charge towards the castle and a few of the stuntmen are going to be thrown off of the drawbridge into the moat.. All of a sudden we hear
"HOLD IT"
It’s now even colder and it comes to bear that the lake around the castle has frozen Over solid.
(Now it doesn’t take the brains of Einstien to work out that cold & water = freeze.)
I enjoyed sitting in the huge tents for the next few nights keeping warm and Drinking hot soup. I made friends with some of the guys while we whiled away the hours playing cards.. I’ll mention a couple of them. Alan (spiv) Bennett, Charlie (cut price) Price and Lenny Piper. (Lenny died quite young)
By the end of the week we had caught up with the film schedule and everyone were as happy as bunnies...

Aitch,
harryfielder
harryfielder
Apprenti(e)
Apprenti(e)

Message  Marc Mer 18 Juin 2008 - 4:41

A great movie. Broadcast here in France 2 or 3 months ago.
Marc
Marc
Marquis(e)
Marquis(e)

Message  Evelyne Jeu 19 Juin 2008 - 23:07

Didn't hear about it ! Will look for information about the film on the Internet. Summer seems to be here at last... But I fear the return of the cold days... We are craving for a true Mediterranean summer ! I'll let you know ! Have a good night, Aitch ! hein
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  Evelyne Lun 8 Déc 2008 - 20:37

Hello, Aitch ! Hope you had a good summer ! Wasn't that bad here, after all...

Was just wondering : when you shot The Persuaders, tell me, did Roger Moore and Tony Curtis got along well together ? Lots of things have been said lately ! I'd like to know if they used to fight or no !
So, any hint ?

Take care, dear Aitch ! lol!
Evelyne
Evelyne
Duc(hesse)
Duc(hesse)

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 3 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant